Length = 66 ft.(Approx) Height= 13 ft. (Approx)
It is envisaged that the mural will reflect the broad contours of the culture and traditions of Indian Subcontinent. Gerrard India Bazaar BIA invites you to submit a detailed sketch of the mural you propose to conceptualize and create on this wall.
The detailed proposal along with the sketches/drawings may please be submitted before 25th July, 2014 to:
Subbu Chintaluri, Manager
Gerrard India Bazaar BIA,
1426 Gerrard Street E.
Toronto, ON, M4L1Z6,
Click Here to Email Subbu
Additional Information on the Mural in Gerrard India Bazaar:
2. Total Budget= $7000.00 CAD.
HST will be paid to the artist/group upon providing Business Number.
3. Time lines:
Mural submissions last date = 25th July
Selection of mural = 4 weeks (25th August)
Completion of the mural = 6 weeks (1st September – 15th October)
4. A committee of the BIA Board screens and shortlists the murals for final selection by the Board. Only Short listed muralists are invited for discussions. During the discussions, the committee might suggest for changes or modifications in the proposed sketch or drawing before it is done. Any changes or modifications will be done in consultation with the artist.
5. The wall is exterior brick wall on the East side of the Property at 1455 Gerrard Street, located at South of Gerrard/Craven intersection.
6. Avoid any direct depiction/presentation of Gods/Goddesses or any political/religious views in the art work.
7. Please submit your artistic renditions/ maquettes only. Each artist/group can submit up to 4 concepts/renditions. Submissions can be sent by regular mail or email.
8. The proposal must include the total cost of the project from the start to completion and the time lines. Also provide us complete details on the media (paint/metal/ceramic/tiles etc.), colors, and durability/longevity, maintenance of the mural in years.