‘In Living Color’; a photography exhibit is calling for Submissions!
South Asian Heritage day
is being celebrated at the Royal Ontario Museum Saturday, May 11th, 2013 from 10 am to 5 pm.
South Asian culture is famous for its love of loud and vibrant colors. Its festivals, cinema, performing arts, textiles and crafts are known all over the world for their striking shades and hues. In this exhibit, we seek to highlight this region’s strong connection with color.
What ‘In Living Color’ is looking for:
Color is the main component required in the images for this exhibition. The exhibit seeks to present the lighter side of South Asian culture. Strong images with subject matter involving everyday life, people, and places will be considered. Of interest are photographs taken in the following countries: Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Maldives, Afghanistan and Nepal.
Rules for submission:
The DEADLINE for submission and registration is Thursday, March 28th, 2013.
Each photographer is allowed only FOUR images for submission.
Please send low-res images for consideration.
File size should not be more than 200 KB and within the range of 4 x 6 inches.
If your photographs are shortlisted, you will be notified to send the high-resolution image for inclusion in the exhibit.
• File size should not be more than 200 KB and within the range of 4 x 6 inches.
• If your photographs are shortlisted, you will be notified to send the high-resolution image for inclusion in the exhibit.
• Single images are required.
• Diptychs or series will not be considered.
• File names should be listed by number 01_ArtistName.jpg.
• Please attach a Word file listing your name, address, nationality, email address, phone number and captions with the file names.
• Must mention the city and country where the pictures were shot.
Please keep digital manipulation to a minimum.
Participation is FREE.
All submissions MUST be sent to via Email
by Thursday, March 28th, 2013.
Late submissions will not be considered.
ONLY the shortlisted photographers will be contacted via e-mail by Friday, April 5th, 2013.
The images exhibited will be projected digitally in the Royal Ontario Museum for the event day only; for the entire day. Each photographer's image will carry their credit and caption. Final details of presentation will be posted with the list of finalists.
All copyrights remain with the photographer.