- Friday, Jan 29 12:00 AM until Thursday, Apr 21 11:50 PM
- 101 College St, Toronto, ON M5G 1L7
- TiEQuest 2016 Business Venture Competition! (2 WEEKS LEFT TO ENTER!)
TiEQuest 2016 Business Venture Competition now accepting applications!
– Over $100,000 in prizes, among other in-kind and service (legal, financial) prizes
– Extensive Mentoring from successful entrepreneurs and business leaders
– Exposure to and Networking opportunities with fund managers, angel investors and venture capitalists
– Multi-stage competition which encourages them to challenge their business model and success factors
– Top competitors receive a sponsored trip to TiECON in California!
TiEQuest has over 25 success stories and our alumni have been able to take their business idea to successful enterprises.
TiEQuest contestants have gone on to raise Angel & Venture Capital financing worth over $40 million, grown their businesses significantly and have been acquired by leading international organizations.
- The competition is open to all types of entities (corporation, partnership, proprietorship, etc.)
- Entities must be registered either in Canada or the United States of America
- Total third-party funding raised in the business as of date of entry should not exceed $2,000,000
- Contesting entrepreneurs may not be directors or officers of TiE Toronto
- Contesting entrepreneurs who have family relations with any competition judges must disclose such relations so that any potential conflicts can be appropriately managed
- Contesting entrepreneurs may not be members of more than one entity entering the competition; each entity may only make one submission
- The business initiative must be the entrepreneur’s original idea – proof of origination should be available
- The business idea may be new or already implemented
- Preferance will be given to companies who are already in the market or have expectations of going to market within 1-3 years
- Entrepreneurs/entities must have exclusive, unencumbered right to commercialize any related intellectual property